In this article
Before you start
Sending Collaboration invites is not available on Basic. Upgrade your plan to take advantage of this feature.
To invite Collaborators you need to have the Standard, Admin, or Manager role. Please note, Standard Users are currently only able to invite Collaborators on the web. If you don't have one of those roles, ask an Admin on your company's account for permission; here's what they'll need.
Only one company can be invited to collaborate at a time. If you need multiple collaborators, you'll need to send out multiple invites.
Once a Collaboration has been ended, this action can’t be undone and the Collaborator can’t be invited to that Project again.
The information that can be shared between Project Collaborators are:
Edits & annotations on the photos
Collaborators with Pro or Premium accounts can now view project Checklists and complete tasks!
Both Owning Company and Collaborator can create a checklist, and interact with each other checklist to complete tasks.
Completed tasks will show user info on who checked off the task.
Checklists cannot be assigned to Collaborators.
On the web
Log in to https://app.companycam.com.
Open the project that you want to collaborate on.
Under the Collaborators tab on the far right panel, click on the blue plus sign symbol.
4. If you haven’t invited a collaborator to this project yet, click Invite a company to collaborate or click the invite button on the right side of your screen.
5. Once you click Invite, a link will be generated for you to either Copy to Clipboard and paste the link externally, or you can click the Send Via Email and send the link to the company you’d like to collaborate with!
You’ll want to send a new invite to each company if you’d like to add more than one collaborator to the project.
** The link will expire after seven days, so if a collaborator has not opened the link within that time period, you’ll need to invite them to the project again.**
7. Once you’ve shared the invite, you can either choose to Invite More Collaborators or return to your project by clicking No, I’m Done.
8. You’ll know collaborators have accepted your invite by looking at the Collaborators section in the project.
Each collaborator added to the project will be assigned a color. When the collaborators from that company add photos or comments, their assigned color will show up to identify what they’ve added to the project.
In the app
Open the CompanyCam app on your phone or tablet.
Open the Project you’d like to invite collaborators to.
Tap on Add Collaborators below the project name.
4. Tap on + Collaborator.
5. Click on Share Invite to copy the link or begin sending in a text or email!
** The invite will expire after 7 days and a new invite will need to be sent out after 7 days have passed.