Housecall Pro is the top rated Field Service Software to manage your daily workflow and grow your business. Easily schedule and dispatch jobs, get paid faster, and automate your marketing and reviews to gain more customers. Create a CompanyCam project for each Customer Address and sync photos and documents back to the most recently created Housecall Pro Estimate or Job!
In this article
Before You Start
You need to have an active account with CompanyCam and Housecall Pro to integrate the two services.
Integrations are not available on Basic. Upgrade your plan to take advantage of this feature.
To start integrating the two, you need to have the Admin or Manager role. If you don't have that role, ask an Admin on your company's account for permission; here's what they'll need.
To avoid potential issues with this integration please review the information highlighted by Please Note in yellow.
How the Housecall Pro integration works with CompanyCam
Create an integrated project in CompanyCam with a Housecall Pro job
Create a new Estimate or Job in Housecall Pro,
Choose a previously created customer. A new project in CompanyCam will be made for that customer if one hasn't been already created.
Or create a new customer, and add multiple addresses, if needed. Each address will have its own CompanyCam project created at that point.
Save the Estimate or job in Housecall Pro and it will receive photos and documents added to the CompanyCam project.
You can now have multiple CompanyCam projects created for the same Address.
You can not sync photos back to jobs created before the integration was set up. A new Estimate or Job must be created to make the link back to Housecall Pro.
Look for the Customer Project at the correct address in CompanyCam and add photos
If the customer or address is newly added, you'll see project at the top of the Project feed in CompanyCam. The Project will also have a Housecall Pro label attached letting you know the Project came from the integration with HCP.
Add Photos and Documents to that CompanyCam project.
Photos and Documents will be added as attachments for the newest Housecall Pro job at that address. You can also edit the photo and add annotations. A copy of the photo will be sent over to Housecall Pro each time an edit is saved in CompanyCam.
You can find the link to the CompanyCam project for that Address at the bottom left of the Estimate or Job, right below the attachments.
Photos for every estimate or job in Housecall Pro that have been added for that Address will be found under the Address Project in CompanyCam. There will not be multiple projects for jobs at that address.
Photos or documents taken in CompanyCam will be sent back to the newest estimate or job for that customer address.
If you are unable to see the CompanyCam link or attachments in the estimate or job, just reload the page and you should be able to see them.
If you add photos to the Customer Project before the estimate or job is created, then those photos will not be synced to Housecall Pro.
How to add CompanyCam Projects at new addresses for an Existing Customer
Add the new Address under the customer Dashboard.
Create a New Job using the address that was just added.
If you add a new address and then edit the contact before the new job is created in Housecall Pro a CompanyCam project will be created for that address. But photos will not link back since there isn't a new job at that address to receive photos.
How to add CompanyCam Projects at existing addresses for an Existing Customer
Go to the customer and make sure that the addresses have been added the customer profile.
Select the "edit" icon for Contact info
Select the +EMAIL button. This will allow the "UPDATE" button to be pushed. There is no need to actually enter in an email address. This is a quick, non-intrusive way for you to force sync the new Customer information.
Next You will need to edit the addresses that you want to add into CompanyCam. Find the address you want to add and click the 3 dots to the right. Then Just add something into the notes so it allows you to update the address.
5. Now go check to see that the CompanyCam projects have been created for each address. If not all of them are not visible at the top of the Project feed, search for the customer name, and all projects for that Customer should be there.
6. Create a new estimate or job for the customer at that address. The newest estimate or job in Housecall Pro will be the one that receives photos synced from CompanyCam. If you do not create a new job, photos WILL NOT sync over.
1. First go into Housecall Pro and go into My Apps at the top of the page. Then go into the App Store. Find CompanyCam and select learn more, then switch on the integration by toggling Disabled to Active.
2. Now Open CompanyCam and log in. Select Integrations at the bottom of the menu.
3. Find the Housecall Pro card
4. You have the option to Sync Primary Contacts From HouseCall Pro into CompanyCam by checking the box as well if you want content from CompanyCam to be synced to HCP Estimates, Jobs, or both! After you decide, Click Save.
5. If you have not signed in to Housecall Pro, there will be a prompt telling you to sign in to your account.
6. That's all! You are now ready for smooth documentation in Housecall Pro using CompanyCam. You will find that the 'connect integration' changes to "Connected" when the integration is operating properly.
7. Once the integration is set up you will notice an "Update" option underneath the integration. If something in your integration isn't working as expected you can select this and it will refresh the integration between the two. You can also "Delete the Integration" below here as well if it ever becomes no longer needed.