Create and Use Report Templates
Reports are an important part of CompanyCam and new Report Templates make it easy to have masters for the Report types you create the most. Learn how to use those here!
In this article
Before you start
- Report templates are not available on Basic or Pro. Upgrade your plan to take advantage this feature.
- A Report must first be created before it can be saved as a template. The structure of the report will save as a template, not the content in the report.
- To create Report Templates you need to have the Admin or Manager role. If you don't have that role, ask an Admin on your company's account for permission; here's what they'll need.
Create a Report Template
- Log in to CompanyCam.
- Open the Report you'd like to create a Template from. To do this, start by clicking Reports on the left side panel.
*You can also access the Reports from the Reports tab from within a Project.
- To create the template, click Manage in the upper right corner of the Report, then Save as Template.
4. Here, you will add the Template Name and a brief description of the template.
5. Click Save to create the Template.
Using a Report Template
- Open the Project you'd like to build a Report for and open the Reports section or open the Reports tab on the left side panel.
- Click on the blue Create Report button, select Use Existing Template, and choose the Template you'd like to use.
3. Click the three dots menu to View Details or Delete Template. In the View Details menu you can edit the information for the Sections, Cover Page, and Report Settings for the template. Changes made will automatically save.
Note: Editing a template will not affect any reports that have been previously created from that template.
4. When your edits are completed, click Use This Template to begin working on your new Report.
Note: Once a template has been created from a Report, any edits made to that Report and saved as a template will create a new template. It will not override the previously saved template.