Integrate CompanyCam + Jobber
This integration allows CompanyCam and Jobber to communicate automatically. Creating a Request, Quote, or Job in Jobber will create a linked CompanyCam Project. Photos taken in CompanyCam are then synced back to the corresponding Jobber Entry and are easily accessible under the attachments section.
In this article
Before you start
- You must have an active account with both CompanyCam and Jobber in order to integrate the two services. Some actions may require a higher tier in Jobber.
- Integrations are not available on Basic. Upgrade your plan to take advantage this feature.
- To start integrating the two, you need to have the Admin or Manager role. If you don’t have that role, ask an Admin on your company’s account for permission; here's what they'll need.
How it works
Anytime that you add a record in Jobber that is a new property address (New Client, Request, Quote or Job) a new project in CompanyCam will be created. If you add photos to the CompanyCam Project when the record in Jobber is still a Client photos WILL NOT sync over until that record is converted into a Request, Quote, or Job. Then photos will be synced over at that point.
If you would like photos to sync over right away then you'll need to create a Request, Quote, or Job for that Client's Property. Create one of these from the + Create button or in the jobs page a the top right.
If the property address is the same as the previous Requests, Quotes, or Jobs you can leave it the same, and a new Company Cam project will be created with the Client's name and the specific address for that property. If you have had a previous Job at that property, the newest Request, Quote, or Job will be connected to the existing CompanyCam project.
Fill out any necessary information for that entry and hit SAVE
A new project for that property will be created in CompanyCam, or that Request, Quote, or Job is now connected to an existing CompanyCam Project. It will also be labeled letting you know where the photos will be available back inside Jobber.
Photos taken or uploaded to that CompanyCam project are synced over to the most recent Jobber entry for that property. This applies to both One-off Requests, Quotes, and Jobs as well as reoccurring ones.
You'll see the CompanyCam section just below the Attachment section at the bottom of the page for the Job. Photos are grouped by day in the notes section of a Jobber Request, Quote, Or Job.
Photos on a Jobber entry such as Requests that are converted to a Quote or a Quote converted to a Job WILL NOT automatically pull into the newly Converted Quote or Job. You can check the box in the notes section and this will allow those photos to pull to the converted Entry:
1. Open CompanyCam. On the left hand side, under Resources, select Integrations. 2. Look for the Jobber card under the different Integration options.
3. You can Sync Primary Contacts by selecting the box if you wish. After choosing , you can click Connect.
4. Sign into Jobber if prompted.
5. Choose Allow Access.
That's it! The Connect Integration will change to Connected in the Right hand Corner
6. Once the integration is set up you will notice an Update option underneath the integration. If something in your integration isn't working as expected you can select this and it will refresh the integration between the two. You can also Delete the Integration below here as well if it ever becomes no longer needed.
Creating a Link to CompanyCam in Jobber with a Custom Field
CompanyCam will automatically set the URL of the CompanyCam project created from a Property if you have the custom field CompanyCam Project created for properties on Jobber. This allows you to quickly open up the CompanyCam project from the Quotes, Jobs, or Invoice page for that Property.
Steps to enable:
- Click the top-right ⚙️ on the home page, and then click "Settings"
- Go to the "Custom Fields" section in the middle-left sidebar.
- Add a new "Property Custom Field" by clicking "+ Add Field"
- Enter the information for the custom field exactly as in the screenshot below
**Note Make sure the custom field name is exactly "CompanyCam Project" with a space.
- Click "Create Custom Field", and you're done!
Important details about this integration
Connecting existing CompanyCam Projects to new Jobber Entries
Linking notes to invoices and deleting