Integrate CompanyCam + Jobber
This integration allows CompanyCam and Jobber to communicate automatically. Creating a Job in Jobber will create a linked CompanyCam Project. Photos taken in CompanyCam are then synced instantly back to the corresponding Job in Jobber and are easily accessible under the attachments section.
In this article
Before you start
- You must have an active account with both CompanyCam and Jobber in order to integrate the two services. Some actions may require a higher tier in Jobber.
- Integrations are not available on Basic. Upgrade your plan to take advantage this feature.
- To start integrating the two, you need to have the Admin or Manager role. If you don’t have that role, ask an Admin on your company’s account for permission; here's what they'll need.
- How it works
Anytime that you add a record in Jobber that is a new property address (New Client, Request, Quote or Job) a new project in CompanyCam will be created. If you add photos to the CompanyCam Project when the record in Jobber is a Client, Request or Quote the photos WILL NOT sync over until that record is converted into a Job. Then photos will be synced over at that point.
If you would like photos to sync over right away then you'll need to create a Job for that Client's Property. Create a new job from the + Create button or in the jobs page a the top right.
If the property address is the same as previous Jobs you can leave it the same and a new Company Cam project will be created with the Client's name and the specific address for that property. If you have had a previous job at that property, the newest job will be connected to the existing CompanyCam project.
Fill out any necessary information for the new job and then hit Save Job.
A New project for that property will be created, or that job is now connected to an existing CompanyCam Project.
Photos taken or uploaded to that CompanyCam project are automatically synced over to the most recent Jobber job for that property. This applies to both One-off Jobs and Recurring Jobs.
You'll see the CompanyCam section just below the Attachment section at the bottom of the page for the job. Photos are grouped by day in the notes section of a Jobber Job.
1. Open CompanyCam. On the left hand side, under Resources, select Integrations.
2. Look for the Jobber card and click Integrate.
3. Click Connect Integration.
4. Sign in to Jobber if prompted.
5. Choose Allow Access.
That's it! The Connect Integration will change to You're all set! once the integration is connected.
Creating a Link to CompanyCam in Jobber with a Custom Field
CompanyCam will automatically set the URL of the CompanyCam project created from a Property if you have the custom field CompanyCam Project created for properties on Jobber. This allows you to quickly open up the CompanyCam project from the Quotes, Jobs, or Invoice page for that property.
Steps to enable:
- Click the top-right ⚙️ on the home page, and then click "Settings"
- Go to the "Custom Fields" section in the middle-left sidebar.
- Add a new "Property Custom Field" by clicking "+ Add Field"
- Enter the information for the custom field exactly as in the screenshot below
**Note Make sure the custom field name is exactly "CompanyCam Project" with a space.
- Click "Create Custom Field", and you're done!
Important details about this integration
Connecting existing CompanyCam Projects to new Jobber Jobs
Linking notes to invoices and deleting