Add Project Collaborators
Have a project you’re working on with another company? CompanyCam’s project collaboration feature lets you invite them to collaborate on projects with you! Adding collaborators won’t cost you a thing, and it’s free for them!
In this article
Before you start
- Project collaboration is a Pro feature. If you’d like to add project collaboration to your CompanyCam account, you’ll want to upgrade your plan to Pro. This can be done in Billing under Pricing Plans.
- Manage collaboration permission set or admin permissions are required to access this feature.
- Only one company can be invited to collaborate at a time. If you need multiple collaborators, you'll need to send out multiple invites.
On the web
- Log in to https://app.companycam.com.
- Open the project that you want to collaborate on.
- Click Add Collaborators below the Labels section.
4. If you haven’t invited a collaborator to this project yet, click Invite a company to collaborate or click the invite button on the right side of your screen.
5. Once you click Invite, you’ll be able to set sharing settings for the other company. Toggle off any permissions you don’t want the collaborators to have.
6. A link will be generated for you to either Copy to Clipboard and paste the link externally, or you can click the Send Via Email and send the link to the company you’d like to collaborate with!
You’ll want to send a new invite to each company if you’d like to add more than one collaborator to the project.
** The link will expire after seven days, so if a collaborator has not opened the link within that time period, you’ll need to invite them to the project again.**
7. Once you’ve sent the invite, you can either choose to Invite More Collaborators or return to your project by clicking Nah, I’m Done.
8. You’ll know collaborators have accepted your invite by looking at the Collaborators section in the project.
Each collaborator added to the project will be assigned a color. When the collaborators from that company add photos or comments, their assigned color will show up to identify what they’ve added to the project.
In the app
- Open the CompanyCam app on your phone or tablet.
- Open the project you’d like to invite collaborators to.
- Tap on Collaborators below the project name.
4. Tap Invite a Company to Collaborate.
5. Set the sharing settings for your collaborators by toggling off options you don’t want your collaborator to have. Then, tap Share Invite to choose how you’d like to share the collaboration link.
** The invite will expire after 7 days and a new invite will need to be sent out after 7 days have passed.
Want additional help getting started inviting Project Collaborators? Check out our short video below!