Upload Documents to a Project
Have documents on your computer or mobile device you'd like to add to a Project? Here's how:
In this article
Before you start
- You can upload .pdf,.doc,.docx,.xls,.xlsx,.csv,.txt,.jpg,.jpeg,.png, and .numbers files. File size must be 100 MB or less.
On the web
1. Sign in to your CompanyCam account at app.companycam.com.
2. Select the project you would like to add the document to.
3. Once you are in the project, click Documents below your cover photo.
4. Once you have clicked the Documents tab, click the Add Documents button.
5. Next, drag and drop or click and select the document from your computer.
In the app
- Login to your CompanyCam app.
- Open the project you’d like to add a document.
- Tap the blue + icon or Add Documents.
- Tap Scan Documents Here or Add Documents from Device.
4b. OR Tap the Documents icon in the project.
5. Tap the blue + icon in the upper right corner, OR tap the blue Add Documents icon at the bottom of your documents list.Scanning your Document
- Hover your camera over the document you’d like to scan. The camera will show a blue rectangle over the document on your screen as it analyzes it. The rectangle will turn green once the document image has been captured. ** Tips for scanning a document: Make sure you have good lighting and that the document is placed on a flat surface. If possible, have the document on a surface that is of a darker color to help enhance the light quality of the document’s image.
- Edit the document as needed and tap Save.
- Scan additional documents or tap Save PDF.
Your document should now show up under the “ Documents” tab when viewing your project!